Tuesday 14 January 2014

14 Debut Books for 2014

Yesterday I posted 14 sequels I'm dying to get my hand on. Today I've got 14 debut books. By debut books I mean books by debut authors or books that are the first in a new series by previously published authors. So in no particular order here are another 14 books I really want to read this year.

1. Defy by Sara B. Larson (Defy #1)
Girl dressed as a boy combined with fantasy elements. It sounds right up my ally.

2. Landry Park by Bethany Hagen (Landry Park #1)
This book sounds amazing. I love historical romance and this book sound like something I would love. It's said to be Downtown Abby in a futuristic society. 

3. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
 Paula Stokes is the real name of author Fiona Paul who wrote Venom and Belladonna. This book is completely different from her other books and a different genre. It looks so cute.

4. Half Bad by Sally Green (Half Life Trilogy #1)
There has been many expectations about this book and I can't wait to read about these witches.

5. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
How pretty is this cover and the premise sounds interesting.


6. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Beauty and the Beast meets greek mythology. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite fairytales and this book sounds amazing. I've already preordered it and cannot wait to read it.

7. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Jennifer E. Smith writes fantastic contemporary novels that always bring a smile to my face. This is What Happy Looks Like and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight were some of my favourite contemporary reads last year so The Geography of You and Me is defiantly going to be special.

8. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (The Winner's Trilogy #1)
Everyone is talking about this book and how phenomenal it is. I read the first chapter and was immediately drawn in. Can I have it now? You can read the first chapter here.

9. The Young Elites by Marie Lu ( The Young Elites #1)
Marie Lu is one of my favourite authors. I love the Legend trilogy and the setting/characters of this new series sound so interesting.

10. The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer (The Inventor's Secret #1)
Steampunk. Need I say more?


11. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott ( Fire & Flood #1)
I've been hearing so many good things about this book. I read the first few chapters and I really need the rest of the book. Plus I'm really curious about Pandoras. You can read the first few chapters here.

12. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Rachel Hawkins writes great snarky characters and dialogue. Plus it's set in the South.

13. No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale 
Quirky small town and murder mystery. Where can I sign up?

14 Tsarina by J.Nelle Patrick
I have a weak spot for the russian aristocracy so I think this book and I need to meet.


Honorary mentions to Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke and The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

What new books are you waiting on this year? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment